I am a proud Scot, and recently I stumbled across a video on their website about the inclusion of Gay and Lesbian ministers in the Church of Scotland. It is worth a watch for sheer comic value alone.
The Mr. Fred Phelps makes so many errors in the video – errors that would be corrected by a customary glance at any legitamate news-site or statistical document.
1. The video is called “Scotland considers gay preachers”. Preachers…. hmm. Yeah, the name of the video discredits it before it even starts!
2. His grammar is absolutely atrocious throughout.
3. “Not a single preacher in Scotland will speak-up in any meaningful way.” By this, he means that no church minister will speak-up against inclusion of LGBT (AKA ‘fags’) in the church.
4. So, the only place to hear the truth about god is from the Westrbro Baptist Church… yeah, that is why almost every other church IN THE WORLD believes you to be wrong.
5. “Your perverted government wants to ban us.” Substantiate ‘perverted’. Our government has laws against hate crimes, that is why they wish to ban you.
6. “Pretending to debate.” No pretend about it. The dabate is happening.
7. “Get the death penalty for parading their filth down Main Street.” Huge cultural faux-pa. We don’t have ‘Main Street” in the way you imply.
8. “put away your fornication”?????
9. “They try to ban us, your only friends” In the past you have stated categorically that you are the friends of nobody.
10. England…. they state-
Streets overflowing with violence
London is burning
All wrong! Especially when compared to the USA
Yeah, there is more. You should go and have a watch of their videos, they are truly enlightening. You do wonder how or even why.
I would love WBC to come to Scotland. We are an open minded society that may be enlightening to them. I could even take them to the church where the King James Bible (the one they follow word-for-word as they believe it to be ‘the word of god’) was interpreted and agreed upon!
As stated previously, I think religion is hokum, however, I can respect those who follow a religion for good. That isn’t these people.
I have a few favorite videos regarding religion – this is one of them.